Is Rice Water Good For Your Skin? Oh yes, plus this is How to Use Rice Water For Skin Tightening and Whitening.
Rice water has many properties that make it an excellent addition to your skin and hair care regimens! It is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and amino acids that are essential for maintaining healthy, beautiful skin. Rice water contains the nourishing antioxidant ferulic acid, as well as allantoin, an organic compound that helps soothe and heal the skin.
Rice water makes a great toner! Just pour a bit of it onto a cotton pad and apply it to clean skin. It helps tighten skin and minimize pores, keeping your skin smooth and bright.
Rice water — the water left over after you cook rice — has long been thought to promote stronger and more beautiful hair. The earliest known use of it was over 1,000 years ago in Japan.
Today, rice water is gaining popularity as a skin treatment too. It’s said to soothe and tone your skin and even improve different skin conditions. Even more enticing, rice water is something you can easily and inexpensively make at home.
Rice water contains substances known to help protect and repair your skin. Despite some real benefits, there are many claims about it that science hasn’t fully proven.
Read more about the benefits of rice water on Healthline
How to make rice water for skin tightening
- Wash and Soak rice in water and leave to soak overnight.
- Separate the water from rice using a strainer.
- Add 1/2 spoon glycerin, 1 spoon of honey.
- Break open 2 eggs and add only the egg white to the mixture.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Store in a glass jar and close the lid tightly.
- Start refrigerating the water thereafter if you do not want the water to over-ferment and smell.
How to use rice water for skin tightening.
- Take a cotton ball and soak up some rice water and apply all over your neck, face, or rub all around your body.
- Leave for one hour and then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Use it three times a week or more for maximum results.
How to use rice water for face whitening & tightening
Rice water for face tightening.
- Boil 5 spoonfuls of brown rice for 10 minutes.
- Grate and sieve for liquid water.
- Add 1 spoon of pure manuka honey.
- A half drop of TruSkin Vitamin C & E
- 1 spoon of organic aloe vera gel
- Mix ingredients and apply to your face.
- Rinse and pat dry after one hour.
Rice Water Benefits For Hair
Rinsing your hair with rice water can add shine to your hair and help keep it strong and healthy! After shampooing and conditioning your hair, pour a generous amount of rice water over your hair. Gently massage it into your scalp and hair, then rinse thoroughly with water.