Ever wonder what people who have clear skin are doing differently than you are not? Have you ever tried eating healthier, but still ended up with breakouts? You’re not alone. This blog article will walk you through the steps to get clearer skin from just eating right! Here Is What To Eat To Get Clear Skin & What You Should Not!
No1 Tip: Eat Less Sugar!
Sugar is a leading cause of acne. Eating foods that are high in sugar (even healthy foods like fruit) can lead to breakouts. Sugar also causes blood sugar spikes, which leads to inflammation and hormonal imbalance.
Inflammation has been linked with acne breakouts. Sugar consumption has also been linked to insulin resistance, which is the root cause of many diseases including cancer and heart disease, so cutting it out of your diet is actually a pretty big deal!
The best way to cut down on added sugars is by looking at food labels and reading the ingredients list instead of just glancing at the nutrition label. Added sugars are found in most processed and packaged foods and you should avoid those as much as possible.
Clear Skin Diet
When it comes to clear skin, what you put into your body is just as important as what you put on it. Eating the right foods can help to clear up your skin and give you a radiant complexion.
What To Eat To Get Clear Skin
Here are some of the best foods to eat for clear skin:
- Water: Keeping your body hydrated is key for clear skin. Drinking plenty of water throughout the day will help to flush out toxins and keep your skin looking healthy and plump.
- Green leafy vegetables: Dark, leafy greens are packed with nutrients that are essential for healthy skin. They are rich in vitamins A, C, and E, which can help to fight off free radicals and promote collagen production.
- Salmon: This oily fish is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are known for their anti-inflammatory properties. Omega-3s can help to reduce redness and swelling in the skin.
- Nuts and seeds: Nuts and seeds are a great source of essential fatty acids and antioxidants. Both of these nutrients are important for keeping the skin supple and preventing damage from environmental aggressors.
- Sweet potatoes: These starchy vegetables are high in vitamins A and C, as well as vitamin E. They also contain beta carotene, which helps to protect the skin against sun damage.
- Spinach: Leafy greens are a great source of vitamin K, which is important for healthy skin. Vitamin K helps to form strong bones and can help reduce wrinkles over time.
- Tofu: This soy-based product contains protein, calcium, and iron, all of which are essential for maintaining healthy skin cells and hair follicles.
- Carrots: Like sweet potatoes, carrots are another great source of vitamin A.
- Fish: Fish is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for healthy skin.
- Nuts and seeds: Nuts and seeds are another good source of omega-3 fatty acids as well as other nutrients that can help improve your skin health.
- Avocados: Avocados are rich in healthy fats and antioxidants that can help to nourish and protect your skin.
Foods To Avoid for clear skin
There are certain foods that can trigger breakouts and make your skin look dull and inflamed. If you’re struggling with acne, consider avoiding or at least reducing your intake of the following foods:
- Dairy products: Milk, cheese, and yogurt can all contribute to breakouts. They contain hormones that can stimulate oil production, which can lead to clogged pores.
- Refined carbs: Foods like white bread, pasta, and rice are high on the glycemic index. This means they cause a spike in blood sugar levels, which can trigger inflammation and lead to breakouts.
- Sugar: Eating too much sugar can cause insulin resistance, which leads to inflammation. It can also mess with your hormones, triggering breakouts.
- Processed foods: Foods that are high in sodium and preservatives can cause inflammation and lead to breakouts.
- Alcohol: Drinking alcohol can dehydrate your skin and make it more susceptible to breakouts. It can also worsen the appearance of acne scars.
Recipes for Clear, Bright Skin
There are a lot of different things that you can eat to help clear up your skin. Here are some recipes that can help you get started:
- Green Smoothie Bowl
-1 cup spinach
-1 green apple, peeled and cubed
-1/2 cup almond milk
-1 tablespoon honey
-1/2 teaspoon spirulina powder
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl, refrigerate and enjoy!
2. Clear Skin Detox Salad
-1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
-1/2 cucumber, sliced
-10 radishes, thinly sliced
-1 avocado, diced
-3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
-juice of 1 lemon
-salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
- Toss together until everything is evenly mixed.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
There are a lot of different foods that can help you get clear skin. Some of the best foods for clear skin include salmon, avocado, nuts, and seeds. These foods are packed with nutrients that can help improve the quality of your skin. If you want to get clear skin, make sure to include these foods in your diet.